NEW SpinAmp v2.66 General Purpose Plug-In for Winamp
SpinAmp was featured on TechTV's "Screen Savers" show in May 2002. While I think that's great, I didn't even get an FYI e-mail about it. So if anybody else out there feels like talking about SpinAmp in their TV show and/or magazine I'd appreciate an FYI . Please...
SpinAmp brings the best online music powered by Spinner (Radio@Netscape) to the best music player on the net - Winamp. Download SpinAmp now. (379 KB)
* You must also have Real Player installed in order to use SpinAmp. Download Real Player. (recommended version)
1. Hide / Show SpinAmp - If you aren't using SpinAmp then hide it. How? Either use Winamp's menu as shown below or press Alt+P and poof! no more SpinAmp. Click it again or press Alt+P again to show SpinAmp. Note about Alt+P: The letter P is the default, but you can associate a different letter with SpinAmp if you wish (see the 1st menu item in feature 4's pic below).
2. Dockable - Dock to Winamp's main window, equalizer, playlist editor, or mini-browser. Special thanks go out to Safai Ma, the author of the Album List plugin for all his help with this feature.
3. Self Skins - SpinAmp skins itself to match your skin. So no need to skin yet another window, just sit back and relax.
4. Version Check - Not only does this keep your SpinAmp up-to-date, but more importantly it keeps your Spinner info up-to-date. What does "keeps your Spinner info up-to-date" mean? Well as of August 2002, Spinner has been replaced by Radio@Netscape. To keep up with this migration, SpinAmp now has a way to change vital information so that you will never have to go without your daily fix of music.
5. Transparency - SpinAmp goes ghost-like. If you have Windows 2000 or XP you'll be able to set the opacity in SpinAmp (from SpinAmp hit CTRL+O or click "Set Opacity" from SpinAmp's main menu).
6. Toggle Size ( 1x / 2x ) - Right click the system tray icon or on the SpinAmp window to toggle between 1x size and 2x size. The initial state of SpinAmp is 2x as shown above, pictured below is the 1x state.
7. Randomly Play Favorites - Right click the system tray icon or on the SpinAmp window to bring up the popup menu in 3 above, then click Randomly Play Favorites (playback will begin - NO need to press play). *WARNING: This feature is addictive... keeps Spinner fresh & new.
8. Favorite Groups - No longer are you limited to just one group of your favorite channels. Now you can have as many groups of favorites as you want. Just right click on the Favorites combobox (yellow circle #6 on chart at top of page) and you can add/remove a group, switch between groups, and rename groups.
9. Favorites Selector - Add your favorite channels to the favorites combobox, to do this click on the Favorites Selector button and check the channels that you want to appear in the favorites combobox. When you are finished click on the Favorites Selector button again. Now you will be able to easily find your favorite channel from the favorites combobox and hit play.
10. Favorites Playlist - Right click the Favorites Selector to see a list of the currently playing songs & the next 2 artists on your favorite channels. If you see a song you want to listen to in this list, click it and SpinAmp will change to that song's channel and play it.
11. Song Notes - Lets you "bookmark" your favorite songs. Left click the Notes button to add songs to your Song Notes. Right clicking the Notes button brings up the menu below.
12. Retrieve Channel Info - Right click on a channel to display additional information.
13. Auto Reconnect - When your ISP &/or Spinner disconnect, SpinAmp will automatically try to reconnect in 30 secs! (see pic below)
(countdown is at 26 secs.)
14. Playlist Protection - SpinAmp no longer needs to clear the playlist, so your current playlist will be maintained. (see pic below).
15. Update Channels - Now when you update SpinAmp's channels you will know exactly what was updated.
16. Ad Break - You can hide ads for a moment by pressing down on the SpinAmp logo. When you let go of the mouse button the ad will reappear so that you can click on it to support the good people at Spinner who bring you great music for free!
What can you expect in future versions? That depends on you...
Want future features? Got questions about SpinAmp? Find a bug?
Let us know about it on the Message Board.